So, as my residency at Red Door Studios draws to a close, I have one BIG project left: Words With Edge Literary Festival. (See our excellent Poster designed by Lauren Stone at the bottom.)
So, what is Words With Edge? Simply, it’s a lit fest without the pretension. You don’t have to be a writer, you don’t have to be a reader, you just have to be open to experiencing new things! And we’ve got some brilliant stuff:
- Hollie Mcnish (workshop AND performance!)
- Clare Murphy
- Workshops by Steven Sparling, Louise Davidson and myself, varying from how to market as an artist, scriptwriting, and writing for wellness. Plus Steven will be using his talents as a voice specialist to show you how to SPEAK UP! What’s a writer if they can’t read it out?!
- Joz Norris’ excellent Edinburgh Fringe Show ‘Awkward Prophet’
- Carmina Masoliver
- The Roundhouse graduated Early Doors Collective
- Myths of the Near Future
- 4’33’ Magazine
- Talks and stalls by Atlantic Books, Stairwell Books and many more!
- A short play by The Woodhouse Players
- A Literary Themed Red Doors Pub Quiz with Treehouse Quizzes
- AND Story themed CAKE CLUB!
AND MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
I’m really excited to be running my first Writing for Wellness Workshop, following on from my studies in Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes at the Metanoia Institute. It should be a thoroughly creative week of events, workshops, classes and talks, as well as first class performances!